Friday, October 19, 2007

Ad campaign

It took me a long time to realise,
How a good advertising campaign works,
And how we become a part of it without knowing.

As all ad campaigns work in phases
This one also had three phases

The first one was where we were made to realise the need,
Well it all started long time back,
Without me actually knowing it happening,
It was much later I acknowledged reality
But by then it was too late.

It happened something like,
Everyday of my life,
I was told to be good,
Do good deeds etc…
Have a sane life
Or else you won’t get a place in heaven.

Heaven seemed to me like an exotic holiday resort,
And very soon as I grew up a bit,
Started the second phase,
Glamorising the vision of being in Heaven,

The spiritual Guru’s telling in detail,
How beautiful is it to be in heaven
And how morbid would hell be…
The spiritual healers telling us how the grass is greener on the other side,
Yet who knows where it heaven,
Where do I get the tickets from,
Which tour coordinator should I contact.

But even in the second phase I didn’t realise
That it was more of a testimonial campaign happening,
I thought them to be true.

Now starts the third phase where I start longing for the product,
and the retailers sold everything else (accessories) to me but the product.
Everything else constituted of meditation classes, yagyas, fastings pilgrimage etc…
And with every growing day my longing for the mission called SWARG (HEAVEN) was increasing,
There was a hype around me about it
But shortage in supply maybe.
Well it could be a marketing trick.

Still I was unaware of the trick.

Where was this heaven.

When will I get my passport.

It had been a long time and I have lived years in wait,
No longer could I wait,
I’m sick,
I’m dying,

I realised it was all a false hope,

I would have got it by now,
I did my best through out my life,
Helped people,
Regularly meditated,
Went to pilgrimage etc…

No more could I stretch myself,
My time came,
And I died…

Sleeping on a slab of ice,
Cursing myself for what all I missed in life,
For a stupid dream called heaven,
Which didn’t even exist.

But now it’s too late,
I’m dead and dead tired of running for the dream,
I stay still waiting for four people to pick me up,
They come people who were dearest to me,
Pick me up,
And cry aloud “ram naam satya hai…”

And I curse them without even having the courage to raise my voice,
Where is the truth it’s all mithya(false) even you are getting trapped in the loop.

But I’m too tired of this life to and least bother about what they think about life…
They keep on chanting
I keep on cursing.

Finally we reach the a place called the crematorium and outside was written

“swarg ka dwaar” or the door to heaven…

was this the last and final stage of the campaign,
where finally I get to view the product,
and my holiday begins…

No comments: